In What Unique Way Can You Jump-Start Your
Here's our top five tips for a job hunting energy boost:
• Create a life's list. I want to... work on an organic farm, lead an adventure trip in Nepal, climb Mt. Fuji, write a book, live on a boat... got the picture? See how many you can check off your list this year and see how many more you can add to it! (explore our Geography Job Directory)
• Indulge in three books to start your new adventures off right. That's right, for every idea you have about landing a cool job, there's a book to help you with your pursuits. See what changes happen because of it! (view our recommended books)
• Connect with the right person. Whether your dream is to work at a National Park or to volunteer in Africa, there is someone who has "been there, done that." Make it a goal to find that person and pick their brain. Offering to buy them lunch is a good starting point.
• Listen to the Zen inside. Sound silly? Not really. Your inner light will always guide you on the right path if you stop and listen. Journalize these thoughts.
• Thank everyone who helps you in your pursuits. Not only does humanity need more acts of kindness, you never know how this "helping hand" will help to change your life.